If the regulator has to perform effectively, then, the board selection must be a 100%. If elections is the process used to elect board members, then let us explore if elections are fair!
I have been observing elections in ICCRC for the past 2 years and have found a flawed system of election.
- There are major factions among the membership and both factions lie or mislead. At first I was of the opinion that only one faction had this trait, but I was surprised that both factions mislead the electorate.
- The membership is relatively new. It is only in the past couple of years that the membership has dramatically increased. This means that a large % of the membership does not know what they are doing when they elect. They follow the crowd.
- ICCRC does not provide any tools for the membership to evaluate factually the type of person that need to be elected. They do not promote Representation Rates which determines several factors or qualities of a candidate, some of them being:
- Higher Representation Rates, more chances the person being elected is going to come up with ideas and policy changes which is beneficial for the profession
- Higher representation rates mean client confidence in the RCIC.
- Higher representation rates mean a Successful RCIC
- ICCRC does not highlight the importance of not hiring an Agent to expand an RCIC business opportunity. RCIC’s who only operate through agents have limited knowledge and understanding about the brutality of Fake Consultants. They are not in the front line. They attribute Fake Consulting as a competitor and not a criminal. Some of them partner with Fakes as well
- For some reason, both the factions within ICCRC are mainly run by either Agent based RCIC’s or RCIC’s with very poor Representation rates. This opens the possibility of people being elected into the board who has vested interest.
How to avoid Factions? How to elect a knowledgeable RCIC into the board?
Elect RCIC’s with a High Representation rate based on Service platform. High Representation Rates show full time RCIC’s, knowledgeable and experience, and more importantly those individuals will NOT do anything which undermines the profession. Doing nothing and self-promotion themselves are done by RCIC’s with poor representation rates or Agent based RCIC’s